Thursday, March 25, 2010

Day 34

Is there anything more refreshing for ones soul than to sit and chat with a girl friend. The only down side was the visit was to short to catch up on 3 months of spiritual growth and girl chat.

I write this with the wonder of what is to come both long and short term of this fast. I am praying that life does not go back to the old norm. I have begun to have a more constant quite time and I know when I have not  had it nor have enough of it.
This verse says it all;  Proverbs 25 28 Like a city whose walls are broken down  is a man who lacks self-control.

As the fast is beginning wind down I want to share some of the AH Ha moments I have had.
  Self- control is very important but giving yourself over into God's hand is most important.  A fast can not be done in my own power. If it were in my own power I would have consumed all of my families food and smiled while doing it.
Being humbled is painful (sometimes the picking up is not much better). There is hope that being brought low will draw you closer to God. 

1 comment:

  1. Amen!!! Girl, I am so challenged by your journey. Thanks for sharing and praying for your week. (ps - enjoying the book...we'll see where this goes... :-)

    ReplyDelete