Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Day 14

If yesterday was a " bump the wall moment" than today was like driving 90 mph  with the brakes going out and a sharp turn leading  the I need meat hi-way. I wanted to have some meat and just about any meat would do.
These past two days have been a little embarrassing  for me.

I wish I understood  why 14 days into this thing I would start craving stuff I had detoxed from already.  Honestly,these past two days have been a little embarrassing  for me. Where is my faith? Why am I not strong enough to keep these desire at bay?

The challenge of this fast was to, Wait for it, wait  for it......  to give all my stuff to God and let Him work things out and learn what He wanted me to learn. Today I learned that my weakness comes in the form of my arrogance.  Arrogance of success, I have not longed for a great many things since the "I love Sugar" let down. I like veggies and veggies like me so the trial has not been that bad, and I had to face I got a little full of my ability to endure the challenge.

These past two days where not moments I wanted to go through because I was sure that I was past this temptation. I am not above temptation! As a matter of fact facing temptation is the only thing that brings change. Standing up to temptation brings Strength.  my Strength comes from the LORD. He is my strength and He hides me in the cliffs of His love.

No comments:

Post a Comment