Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Day 20

Baught a book on fasting and I have found it very interesting. The author brings up some very good points for fasting, like we as believers are called to fast and satan hates it when we fast. I really liked his chapter on conquering king stomach.   However I am a little concerned with the emphasis on "prosperity."
I know that when you pray you should  pray with the expectation that your prayers are answered. But should we really go into a fast thinking we are going to Get the extra goodies like money, houses,cars from God when the fast is over?  I just can't make myself believe that is the it is supposed to happen. May be I am not embracing  James 4:2 you have not because you ask not. The author seems to believe that there are long term and far reaching effects of a fast, these are God rewards for being obedient.

I prayerfully will wait  and see what comes of my fast.

1 comment:

  1. I have always struggled with the balance. I fasted throughout the adoptions and really struggled with how much was for obedience and how much was to come before God with our prayer. I still don't know the answer. I am hoping you will have it all figured out by the time you are done!

    ReplyDelete