Sunday, February 28, 2010

day 11

Sunday

I learned two things today. The first, I have to eat a little something at breakfast and I need to drink more water to keep me full during the day.

The second thing I learned was this I do not know my Bible very well. We are studying the book of John in big church and  the lesson today was Jesus going into the temple and his anger over what was going on. Gary lead us to Ezekiel and the Glory of the Lord leaving the temple because of the sin of men and a nation.
I find it very scary that in all my years in church I have never to my knowledge be taught any thing out of Ezekiel. What a powerful book. My favorite verses in chapter 1:25-28
25 Then there came a voice from above the expanse over their heads as they stood with lowered wings. 26 Above the expanse over their heads was what looked like a throne of sapphire, [f] and high above on the throne was a figure like that of a man. 27 I saw that from what appeared to be his waist up he looked like glowing metal, as if full of fire, and that from there down he looked like fire; and brilliant light surrounded him. 28 Like the appearance of a rainbow in the clouds on a rainy day, so was the radiance around him.
      This was the appearance of the likeness of the glory of the LORD. When I saw it, I fell facedown, and I heard the voice of one speaking.

Do you realize that until Jesus went into that temple the Glory of the LORD  had not been there since His Glory left it in the book of Ezekiel and that God's Glory  would never again be put back into a temple made of stone but instead would be in men. See John 2:12-24
 12After this he went down to Capernaum with his mother and brothers and his disciples. There they stayed for a few days.
 13When it was almost time for the Jewish Passover, Jesus went up to Jerusalem. 14In the temple courts he found men selling cattle, sheep and doves, and others sitting at tables exchanging money. 15So he made a whip out of cords, and drove all from the temple area, both sheep and cattle; he scattered the coins of the money changers and overturned their tables. 16To those who sold doves he said, "Get these out of here! How dare you turn my Father's house into a market!"
 17His disciples remembered that it is written: "Zeal for your house will consume me."[b]
 18Then the Jews demanded of him, "What miraculous sign can you show us to prove your authority to do all this?"
 19Jesus answered them, "Destroy this temple, and I will raise it again in three days."
 20The Jews replied, "It has taken forty-six years to build this temple, and you are going to raise it in three days?" 21But the temple he had spoken of was his body. 22After he was raised from the dead, his disciples recalled what he had said. Then they believed the Scripture and the words that Jesus had spoken.
 23Now while he was in Jerusalem at the Passover Feast, many people saw the miraculous signs he was doing and believed in his name.[c] 24But Jesus would not entrust himself to them, for he knew all men. 25He did not need man's testimony about man, for he knew what was in a man.

 Reading all this scriptures made we think did the Jews even know that God's presences was gone from the Holy of Holies? Did they even care?  I don't think they did but I also think they're ignorant for all the things they have done to get to this place where they did not care if God's presences was there or not.

But you see the distance in time and an good bit of holier than thou self righteousness has numbed me to the truth that We the people are no better. I am the Temple of the Living God and His Glory is within me and I am to be a living sacrifice for Him. Sin is sin and redemption is grace no matter when in history it occurs.

No comments:

Post a Comment