Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Day six

The day did progress into better food. Thankfully!

The question came to me out of the blue today; What do you want out of  this fast?

Revelation  and the answer is this.. I want to have a new relationship with food.  I want to be full and not starving moments after the meal is over. I am praying that God will  do something with me in this area. 

Also I wondered when the first fast in the Bible was.
The first mention of a man fasting was in 2nd Samuel 12. David was fasting in hopes that God would "change His mind" and let son live. This is not the first fast though the Hebrews had practiced fasting over the years.

Moses fasted with God for Forty days Exodus 34:28 So he was there with the LORD forty days and forty nights; he did not eat bread or drink water. And he wrote on the tablets the words of the covenant, the Ten Commandments.
Do you know of any that are sooner than these? If you do please send them to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment